Thursday, September 18, 2008

London

I'm in London and it's Thursday morning. It has been quite a journey here. We had a six hour car ride back to Kampala. We visited with the offices of IJM (International Justice Mission). They are an organization that provides free legal help to orphans and widows who are being exploited. There office in Uganda focuses on illegal land grabbing that happens when a man dies and his family tries to take his property from his widow. Most of the time the widow is forced to find a new home. From there we went on to the airport only to find that our flight was canceled from Nairobi to London. The WV travel office was able to switch me to a British Airways flight that left around the same time but unfortunately I was stuck with a window seat for the eight hour flight or so I thought. When I sat down the lady next to me asked me if I wanted to switch with her friend who had a window seat on the other side of the plane. It was so nice to get about six hours of sleep on the flight and arrive in London refreshed and ready for a day full of meetings. I'm going to have dinner with Bryan Belden and the Brubakers tonight.

No comments: