Monday, September 22, 2008

Back in the U.S.

I'm back in the U.S. and getting back into the schedule. I've had some of my favorite Mexican food already and have spent some good time with friends and family (still need to go to my favorite sushi place, Mikuni). I've been really praying that I would come back from this trip with a different perspective. Seeing the face of poverty does hit you pretty hard, but it is my tendency to forget it once I'm home. I have been spending some time reflecting and realizing how truly blessed I am and reminding myself that my job is to invite people to open their hearts to a world that is filled with incredible need. The key for me is to not forget the faces and the stories forto allow the comforts of my life crowd out God's call to me to go and make a difference. I will be back in Africa in November and pick the blog up from there. Thanks for following.

No comments: